20. Page 3-11
3. Program Characteristics
Private Jet Travel: Understanding the Options
go, whenever you want to leave. Charter can be the most flexible of all business
aviation options in terms of obtaining the right aircraft for any specific mission,
the ability to book at the last second, go anywhere you want to go and at any
time. Of course, it is always subject to availability, the service delivery can
sometimes be inconsistent, especially between operators, and you will have to
pay for whatever inefficiencies you drive.
Charter requires no significant level of aviation knowledge or expertise to utilize.
Similarly, there are no great liability concerns as the Charter company bears
responsibility for regulatory and safety compliance.
Key Areas to Consider When Evaluating Charter
• Reputation of Charter company and/or “broker”
• Audit approach and standards of operator and/or “broker”
• Efficiency of travel (e.g., time between outbound and return flights)
• Quality of aircraft chartered and consistency of delivery
• Frequency of Charter needs
• Advertised versus actual Charter cost
• Operator fleet number and variety of aircraft
Independent Source: Deloitte Private Wealth, Private aircraft: Flying private makes sense for those with the right information (page 20)
*This website has no affiliation with Deloitte.